Saturday, October 4, 2014

Invitations to Conference

I just invited a bunch of random strangers on the internet to attend General Conference. All it took was posting a link like this one: https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng. I don't expect many people to accept, or even see, my invitation, but if even one person clicks on the link and gets something out of Conference, it'll be worth it.

I have a non-member friend that I thought about inviting to Conference, but I didn't. I didn't have the nerve. Next time I see her, I'm going to invite her to watch some of General Conference. Maybe I'll pick out a particular talk I think she'll like. Anyhow, I should invite her to watch and benefit from at least some part of General Conference.

It doesn't take much to invite people to Conference, just a little courage. If you can build up the courage, I invite you to reach out to a friend, a coworker, or even a stranger, and invite them to watch a little bit of General Conference. Watching it will bless their lives and inviting them will bless yours.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I did not extend a personal face-to-face invitation to anyone,either. I did post about it on Facebook. And in one of those typical what are you giong to to this weekend conversations with a co-worker, I talked about what a big weekend it is for us. Little bits.