Sunday, October 12, 2014

It Still Stinks, But God Can Help

Right now, I think I have slightly more time than I had yesterday morning, but it's still nowhere near the amount of time I'd need to do what I need to do. I suppose that's part of becoming an adult - getting stuck with so many obligations that even though you're old enough to do whatever you want to do, you never have the time.

Satan likes to use that our business against us. He tries to convince us that we don't have time for spiritual things because we have so many other obligations to take care of, or that we're too tired after fulfilling our obligations to spend time studying the scriptures. Sometimes, he uses the stress of everyday life to upset us to the point where we emotionally cannot feel the Spirit.

The solution, I think, is prayer. We may not have much time for scripture study or Family Home Evening, but you can usually spare a few seconds to close your eyes (or leave them open, if you're driving) and say a quick prayer. That prayer will attract the Spirit, which will help soothe the stress of life, allowing us to be better able to make it through the day. And if we keep the Spirit with us, which is difficult, but doable, He may help us find the time for other Spiritual obligations, and He can certainly help us take care of our daily work so we can get it down faster and better, leaving us more time for spiritual things.

So, I'll pray for help. I pray for help in finding time to do everything I need to do so I can get it all done and still not be too tired to read my scriptures. And if I manage to read my scriptures despite the many other things I need to do, that might earn me a few brownie points with the Big Man, prompting Him to pull a few strings to help me get everything done.

No comments: