Thursday, November 13, 2014

Three Morals Before my Bus Ride

Bad News: I haven't prepared anything to blog about this morning.
More Bad News: Since I'm planning on taking the bus today, I'm leaving in ten minutes.

The Moral of the Story: Prioritize. Today, I washed dishes, which, while it was a good use of my time, took up time that I could have spent finding something to blog about, helping me to fulfill my spiritual obligation to blog. Though washing dishes was a good thing, it was a lesser priority, and I should have treated it as such. I did get the garbage and recycling out, though. That was pretty critical.

Another Moral: Look ahead and plan ahead whenever possible. I knew that it would be rainy today. I could have figured that that would mean that I'd want to take the bus. And I already knew that if I took the bus, I'd have to leave early. I could have spent some time last night thinking about and perhaps even pre-writing something I could blog about this morning, but instead, I figured that I'd think of something this morning, as I usually do, not accounting for the amount of time it would talk - time I wouldn't have.

Can I think of another moral before I go in two minutes?

Buses run on specific schedules. You can't just say, "I'll leave when I'm ready." You have to leave on time so that you'll catch the bus while it's there at the stop. It won't wait for you. Same with God's commandments. You can't change them to suit your wants and needs. Just as I have to adjust my schedule to match the bus schedule, we have to adjust our priorities to match God's, or we may find that the bus that goes to heaven has left the bus stop without us.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Good post! Good morals!
Thanks for washing the dishes. Next time you are in a similar situation, dry your hands, turn the pages of the hymnbook on the window sill and maybe find a blog inspiration WHILE you wash the dishes. Win, win. Just a thought.
Thanks for remembering the garbage! I forgot until I was at work and just HOPED that you took care of it as you almost always do. Thank you for being so faithful in that service to your home and family.
I like the bus to heaven image.