Sunday, April 5, 2015

How to Succor Christ




When Jesus Christ accomplished the Atonement, He took upon Himself all the pain and suffering any person would ever feel. Then, doesn't it make sense that He would also be able to feel all the relief anyone would ever feel, if only by experiencing the moment when the pain lessened or stopped? I'm not sure how I never thought of this before, but it's a wonderful thought. In the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus felt an extraordinary amount of pain. It's marvelous to think that we can help alleviate some of that pain by bringing comfort to anyone who suffers. In honor of Easter and all Christ has done for me, I'm going to keep my eyes open this week and hopefully find someone I can comfort or help in any way, especially now that I have a slightly better understanding of what He meant when He said "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my bretheren, ye have done it unto me." (Matt 25:40)

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I love this message. I often weep thinking of all He suffered because He loves us. And all He suffered not only for me, but because of me. What a wonderful thought that He also feels the comfort that we give. That maybe I can, in some small way, give Him a little comfort and joy. It certainly brings an added dimension to the idea of serving others. I remember that He told us that "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." But somehow I didn't get this part of it. This will make it easier to serve even those for whom I feel little/no connection or proper empathy.