Thursday, August 27, 2015

The New Plan Is The Old Plan

I keep telling myself that I need to blog earlier, and it keeps not happening. I'm sorry. Part of my trouble is that I never know what to blog about, but at Institute today, I committed to watching one General Conference talk per day. Hopefully, I can kill two birds with one stone, preferably in the morning. It's too late for today, but I can start tomorrow.

It's funny. Watching a General Conference talk and blogging about it before noon had been my plan since I first started blogging. The standards of my blogging have slipped dramatically since then. Maybe it's time to reinstate them.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

No matter what time you choose to blog, as the demands of school and work increase, you may need to blog shorter and that's ok. As long as it is thoughtful. You can write yourself brief notes or thoughts anytime - if you care some kind of note taking device - and type it up when it's time to blog. Sometimes when you have a thought or insight or hear a good quote, instead of thinking I need to blog ABOUT that. Just blog that. Sometimes just a sentence or few. When you have time to expound, that's great. Sometimes, you might not do much more than a tweet. If it's a good one, fine. I don't think you are committed to a word count as to uplift and insight or sharing exploration.