Thursday, June 16, 2016

Only Two Hands

I just did some dog-sitting for my sister, who has three dogs. Three dogs can be a lot to handle at one time, and things get especially interesting when I tried to pet them. If I tried to pet two of them at once, the third dog would get jealous and insist that I pet her as well. Unfortunately, since I only have two hands, I can only pet two dogs at a time.

God doesn't have that limitation. Sure, His physical body may only have two hands, but His blessings can extend to any number of creatures simultaneously. I don't need to feel jealous if God blesses someone, because I know that God can bless me too.

God's influence and blessings can be everywhere at all times. God blessing another person doesn't mean He'll have any fewer blessings to give to another. We will all receive more blessings than we deserve, according to God's justice and grace, and His ability to bless anyone is not limited at all by how many blessings He has already given out or how many people He is currently blessing. I may only be able to pet two dogs at once, but God can bless anyone at any time, no matter how many people He's already blessing.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Our God is an awesome God.
and you are pretty cool, too