Sunday, August 28, 2016

Blessings for Everyone

Today, I have been involved in more Priesthood blessings than I have on any other day in my life. This morning, I stood in a circle of Priesthood holders as we gave a blessing to my youngest nephew, and this evening, I corrected my mistake of not getting a blessing at the start of the school year. My brothers gave me a blessing, my brothers and I gave our mom a blessing, and one of my brothers and I gave a blessing to another of my brothers. It was a day filled with blessings.

I am grateful for the Priesthood in my life. I'm grateful that my family members are always there for me and that I can be there for them. It is such a blessing to have family members who are willing and able to give me Priesthood blessings when I need them, and it's a privilege to be able to offer Priesthood blessings to them.

I know that not all people can give Priesthood blessings, and that is unfortunate, but I find it comforting that anyone can get a Priesthood blessing if they want one. Those who don't have family members who hold the Melchizedek Priesthood can turn to their home teachers or to their Bishop for a blessing. Those who aren't yet members of this church can turn to their local missionaries if they want a blessing. There are fortunately few people who are beyond the physical reach of Priesthood blessings. And for those few, I'm sure that God is willing to grant them equivalent blessings, if they are faithful.

I'm grateful for God's willingness to bless us and for the opportunity we have as Priesthood holders to have a hand in blessing others. Through the Priesthood, everyone on earth can and will receive great blessings. I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of that.

No comments: