Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Vacation Preparation

In anticipation of an upcoming week-long vacation, I'm doing that week's homework early, cramming it in between the deadlines of this week's homework assignments. The goal is to get it all done now so I won't have to worry about any of it while I'm on vacation. This is making my workload heavier in the short-term, but hopefully, it'll lead to a much more relaxed and relaxing week than if I had to take my homework with me to Disneyland.

When I think about life in general and God's purposes for it, I sometimes think that we have a lot of work to do. We have lofty goals for ourselves - goals that will take quite some time to reach. In a sense, we have a lot of homework to do, and it would be best if we could get at least some of it done before we go on to our "vacation."

To reach the full measure of our creation, we must become God-like; first in personality, then in power. If we don't achieve such as state of personal perfection in this life (and, realistically, we won't), we will have to continue our progress in heaven. Thankfully, we'll literally have all the time in the world to continue improving. But we shouldn't procrastinate. The sooner we achieve perfection, the sooner we can attain Godhood. The sooner we finish our homework, the sooner we can enjoy our vacation.

Though we know that the progress we can make in this life is limited and that people call it eternal progress for a reason, we can still get some good work done while we're here. And the more we accomplish here, the less making up we'll have to do later. I don't want to have a week's worth of overdue homework to do when I get home from Disneyland, and I don't want to have to do a lot of homework while I'm there, so I'm going to do as much homework as I can before I go so I can really enjoy my vacation when I take it. Similarly, I'm looking forward to being granted some God-like powers and a universe of my own, so I'm working on developing a God-like personality now, so I won't have to take Remedial Christianity in heaven. When I get to heaven, I'll want to be able to enjoy being there without being burdened by how much personal growth I still have to do. The more diligent I am now, the sooner and more fully I'll be able to enjoy the fruits of my labors later.

I have a lot of work to do, but I'd rather get it done now than have it still hanging over me when I go on my vacation.

No comments: