Sunday, October 23, 2016

Not Much of a Problem

On second thought, my "problem" of not being able to say "no" to service requests isn't really that big of a problem, and it's certainly not the biggest problem I have. I have much bigger and more important problems than that. So, while I could worry about spending too much of my time helping others or allowing others to take advantage of me, I could instead work on the other problems I have, like  procrastinating and staying up too late.

Habitually giving service isn't the worst thing in the world. I'm sure I receive blessings for it, and it improves the lives of others, so it's not all bad. It may be part of an underlying problem which I should definitely work on, but as problems go, this compulsion of mine isn't all that problematic. I can live with it for a few more years while I work on my other problems. Yes, it's something I'd like to work on, but I have other problems I should work on first, so while feeling constrained to give service can be irritating and awfully inconvenient sometimes, solving this particular "problem" is not my top priority.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I am sure the Lord loves and will (eventually?) reward your serving heart.