Saturday, October 1, 2016

Taking Notes by Laptop

Last year, almost to the day, I blogged about how and why I found taking notes by hand on paper to be more effective for me than taking notes on my laptop. However, I've heard that the most effective notes are the ones you actually go back and read. Going back to read my notes is a lot more convenient on my laptop, especially since that's the device on which I'm most likely to blog about the talks on which I'm currently taking notes. If I take notes on my laptop, like I did today, it'll be much easier for me to go back and read these notes later, when I blog about the talks I've been listening to. It's possible that taking notes by hand is more effective in some ways, such as recording spiritual impressions rather than witty quotes, but I can attempt to duplicate those benefits here on my laptop, which should enable me to, with practice, get the best of both note-taking methods. Discovering what works best for me is a work in progress, but I think I'm making progress, and that's what life is really all about. Hopefully, taking notes by laptop will enable me to write better blog posts without jeopardizing my opportunity to write down spiritual impressions about which I am sure to forget.

No comments: