Saturday, December 3, 2016

Statistics Homework is Evil

I believe that a thing is evil if it persuades people to do evil. Earlier this evening, my statistics homework frustrated me to the point where I became angry and told my sister, easily one of the nicest people I know, to "shut up." My statistics homework, or the frustration and anger it caused, persuaded me to do evil, and thus proved to be evil. However, even with an evil influence in my life, I have the power to make my own choices, and I should have chosen to control my temper. I am sorry for how I acted and what I said, and it's unfortunate that I still have at least one page of statistics homework left to do, but though I will soon be exposed to evil again, I hope that it won't prove to be evil a second time. My statistics homework is only evil if I let it persuade me to do evil, and I don't intend to let that happen again.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

Sorry you are having such a hard time. You are easily one of the nicest people I know. You must have been extremely tired and stressed to say that. I am sure that you apologized and she forgave you.

Miriam said...

Don't worry about it. I know you didn't mean it! I agree that Andrew is one of the nicest people! You get frustrated sometimes, but even when that gets the better of you, it doesn't come from meanness or spite.

The part he didn't say, was that he immediately regretted what he said & apologized. Many people don't recognize their mistakes so quickly, and even if they do, sometimes they still let other feelings get in the way and don't apologize.

We should try to do the right thing the first time, but we all get frustrated and make mistakes. What matters is what we do next. You chose to do the right thing by apologizing, and then you kept working on your homework, even though it frustrates you.

When someone is as selfless and quick to help others as you are, it's hard to take offense when a word of frustration does come out. It was out of character, so it's easy to see you didn't mean it.