Monday, March 13, 2017

Timeless Truths

As I reviewed Elder Brian K. Ashton's talk, "The Doctrine of Christ," it occurred to me that the basic doctrines of the gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End) are the same basic truths I taught while I was on my mission. There's nothing new about the gospel; it's the same now as it has been for all time. If you come to General Conference to here a fresh perspective on familiar Gospel doctrines and stories, you won't be disappointed, but you will also hear timeless truths taught basically the same way as they always have been, through the words of Christ and through sincere testimony. Such messages may not be new or exciting, but they are essential, and well worth reviewing.

No comments: