Friday, April 14, 2017

Heading Home

Mom and I are heading home today, but in a way, we've been "heading home" since we left it. Every day spent with friends and relatives, every hour spent on the road, took us closer to the time of our return. This could be discouraging in that the time of our vacation has been counting down since it started, but it can also be kind of encouraging in that we are going home. I like vacations, and I'm certainly going to enjoy the rest f our vacation for as long as it lasts, but I also like my home, and I look forward to getting back to it when the time comes.

The same could be said about our lives on earth. In a way, we were drawing closer to the time of our deaths since the moment we were born, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Life on earth is good, and we should certainly enjoy it for as long as it lasts, but it will eventually end, and when our time on earth is up, we're going to go home.

I don't think I'm ready to come home yet. There are still a few things I want to get done first. But I don't dread going home, either. I have a good home with a loving family, and as long as we're talking about our heavenly home and family, we all do. I look forward to being with my home and family again. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to rush my return. I still have one day left on my road trip, and I still have at least some time left in my mortal life, and I plan to enjoy the time I have left and make the most of it. I'm glad Mom and I are heading home, but I'm also glad that we're not quite there yet.

No comments: