Thursday, June 8, 2017

It's Okay to Be Human

I am, once again, grateful that God is patient with our imperfections. God's patience is especially fortunate because imperfect is all we can be right now. Again, with only one exception ever in the entire history of mankind, no human being has ever been perfect. In every case but one, to be human is to be imperfect. And God is very okay with us being human. In fact, His entire plan hinges on it. In a sense, His goal for our eventual perfection requires us to go through a period of imperfection. So it's not surprising that God is very forgiving of the imperfections our human nature cause us to have, even more so than we are. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm confident that God's far more forgiving of my follies than I am. God's okay with me being human and imperfect, even when I wish I wasn't. And actually, my desire to overcome the affliction of being human is probably a crucial element in God's plan for me. God knows we're not perfect now, but He wants us all to eventually become perfect, and that's not going to happen unless we really want it to. We have to want to become perfect, even though there's almost no way we can be perfect now. The key word is "eventually." God wants us to eventually become perfect, though it's not practical, and likely not even possible for us to be perfect right now. Right now, we are imperfect, and God is in the process of changing that, but for now, it's okay that we're imperfect, and it's very, very okay that we're human.

No comments: