Friday, June 2, 2017

Waiting at Home

Whenever I stay out late, as I did tonight, my mom asks me to come into her bedroom as soon as I get home, wake her up, and let her know I'm home. It's very touching for me to know that Mom wants me to let her know that I'm alright, and that I got home safely, even if I have to wake her to do it. It's also touching to know that we have a Father in Heaven who is also anxious that we get home safely (though He's in no hurry for us to come home early). He knows that this life is full of physical and spiritual dangers, so He watches out for us, waiting in heaven to see that we've successfully navigated the trials of life and that we've made it home safely. So, let us be careful as we make our way through life, and try to make sure we become and remain worthy to return to the Celestial Kingdom. Our Parents are waiting for us.

No comments: