Friday, December 15, 2017

Promise or No Promise

Now that I'm not as tired and frustrated as I was last night, I've given premortal promises another thought, and I've concluded that, whether they're morally binding or not, we should probably keep them anyway.

God wants what's best for us. What He wants for us is what we should want for ourselves. If He has a work He wants us to do, it would probably work out pretty well for us to do it. This task was basically hand-made or hand-selected for us by the one who knows us best. It's probably either right up our alley or exactly what we need. Either way, I'm sure God will bless us if we do what He asks.

Whether we're under a moral obligation to do what God commands is irrelevant. Regardless of any obligation or lack thereof, we should do it, if only for the blessings we are bound to get out of it.

No comments: