Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Reallocating Time

It has just occurred to me that I haven't blogged about General Conference in a while. Looking back at my records, I see that I have fallen behind; I still have a handful of General Conference talks that I should have blogged about in November. But first, I know that I need to study for my Primary lesson this Sunday. And the time that I don't spend studying the Gospel should probably be spent studying for my Humanities final next week or working on the Philosophy paper that's due two days after that. I have some important deadlines coming up, and I'm starting to fall behind.

Yet, this week, there are also several holiday-related and non-holiday-related events that I plan to attend. I expect to spend a good deal of time away from home, away from my computer, away from my studies. I wonder if this is wise. Of course, I know that there must be moderation in all things and that spending too much time or too little time on anything can be harmful, but how much is too much, and how little is too little?

I don't think I'm in any danger of spending too much time studying this week. However, I have, so far, spent too little time on Christmas. Perhaps I ought to proceed with my plans to attend those Christmas events, and make cuts elsewhere, as needed. I certainly can afford to ignore Youtube for a while, and I can probably manage to cut down on my Facebook time as well. I have a dire need to spend time studying this week, and I should probably make some time for Christmas as well. If that means spending less time on other things, that's what needs to happen.

No comments: