Monday, May 7, 2018

Family Service

In my inner circle, there has been a lot of family service lately. Many family members have served other family members, despite being busy and tired and having other things to do. I am very thankful that my family members are so kind to each other, and I'm honored to be one of them.

Unfortunately, not everyone has mortal family members that are as devoted to each other as mine are, but we all have eternal, spiritual family members that readily lend a hand. Sure, they're not much help at moving boxes or appliances or cooking meals or doing any other physical work, but the tasks that they can help with are far more important. Our Heavenly Family can guide us with revelation and encourage us with inspiration. They can help us resist temptation and make wise choices. They can give us comfort and inner peace, even when no one else can.

I am thankful for my family, both mortal and immortal. I'm grateful for all that they do for me, and I'm grateful for the opportunities I have to serve them. I'm sorry that not everyone has an earthly family as good as mine, but I find comfort in knowing that everyone has the best Heavenly Family anyone could hope for.

No comments: