Friday, May 11, 2018

Search for Inspiration and You Might Find It

Inspiration is tricky. You can't just sit around and wait for it (as I just spent an hour doing), but you can't force it, either. You have to search for it, knowing that you may not find it. You have to remain open to it, knowing that it may not come how or when you expect it to. I know that if a person keeps themselves open to inspiration and searches for it, they often find it, but they don't always. I've also heard of people receiving inspiration when they weren't looking for it, but then it's usually true that they had searched for it earlier. Searching for inspiration, at least at some point, seems necessary, but it isn't sufficient. I can't guarantee that you'll receive inspiration when you look for it, but I can almost guarantee that you won't receive it when you don't look.

No comments: