Sunday, May 6, 2018

What To Do When Overwhelmed

It's almost midnight, and I need to blog, and thankfully, I've had a blogworthy experience today, but the problem is that I want to blog about neither the problem I faced, lest I blow it out of proportion, nor my response to it, lest I vilify myself. Let it suffice to say that it's sometimes wise to take a breather. We sometimes feel overwhelmed, and whether that's because our situation is actually overwhelming or because we are too easily overwhelmed, the effect is the same: We begin to wear out and start heading for a mental and/or emotional breakdown. It's best not to reach that point. It's better to leave work undone than to undo yourself to do it. Sometimes, the best thing we can do is to put the work down, take a step back, and breathe. I wish that I had taken a step back sooner today. I'll try to be wiser next time.

No comments: